Century Direct Group has learned that some Indian travelers have contacted the Indian authorities to protest against a Indian travel agency.
According to reports obtained by Century Direct Group, some 28 Indian men from different parts of India, like Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar and Una, have been duped into thinking that they could get a well paying job in Iraq.
The travel agencies, according to the claim have promised the men very high paying jobs if they would leave India and go to Iraq, as workers for the army.
When the men arrived in Iraq they were put to work by a construction company that made them work long hours and underpaid them.
The ‘trip’ cost them Rs.1.50 lakh, to get from India to Iraq, says Century Direct Group.
The families of the Indian men have applied to the Indian government who have in turn spoken to the Iraqi government to release the men.
- Century Direct Group: Indian population have grown
- Indian coast guard clean up oil spoil, Century Direct Group reports
- Century Direct Group: Kentucky governer making a deal with Indian company
- India’s microfinance market collapsing reports Century Direct Group
- A new beginning for India and Pakistan , reports Century Direct Group