Indian police on Thursday arrested the father and uncle of a baby girl who was buried alive.
Authorities in the province of Uttar Pradesh in the north, said the two men had dug a hole in the local cemetery and were arrested red-handed while trying to bury the baby just two months.
The child’s parents claimed that they followed the advice of a spiritual guru, according to which the girl’s burial would protect other children of the couple of serious illnesses.
- Police arrest man after finding body in bathroom
- Police investigating the murder of indigenous leader in Maranhão
- Father generates controversy by forcing children to walk only in his underwear in the snow
- Century Direct Group: Kentucky governer making a deal with Indian company
- Century Direct Group: Indian population have grown